AddictStory Forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AddictStory Forums.

Get Addicted.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is important guys! Read it!

Go down 
5 posters

Should we have v75 mounts?
Yes
This is important guys! Read it! I_vote_lcap71%This is important guys! Read it! I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No
This is important guys! Read it! I_vote_lcap29%This is important guys! Read it! I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
xHakunaMatata
Admin
xHakunaMatata

This is important guys! Read it! Empty
PostSubject: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:41 am

Alright guys this is about v75 mounts. I would like to tell you all that the admins are having a little disagreement on whether you guys should have v75 Mounts. I have used them before and they are awesome! And I want it however I don't make the decisions . Right now YOUR decisions counts!

Advantages : We get to ride on mounts that some servers do not have and do not have the ability to add them in. We also can use these mounts as a attraction for new players. We can use them as prizes.

Disadvantages : If you do not have the specific WZ file for the mounts you will disconnect everytime someone using the mount comes into your map.

Here are the screenshots of the mounts, we can't pick them up until we add them in.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Remember your decision counts and read the advantages and disadvantages carefully before voting.
Back to top Go down
NiGHtsBeta09
Pro
NiGHtsBeta09

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:49 am

Personally, I think this would be a great idea! most servers use v62, which means that most server-users will already have v62 MS. This way, they can get the mounts without having to download a whole new MSSetup! The attraction of new players will make it really worth it~ =)

Plus, I'm a big fan of wolves~ ^vv^
Back to top Go down
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
BanHammer
True Member
BanHammer

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:25 am

GREAT IDEA

In my opinion, there is NO disadvantages.
Asking why?
Here's my answer.

We can simply put the link on the web.
If they ignore it, and gets on game, whines about "I'M GETTING FKING DCs", it's their problem for not reading the notices or going on the forums.

Basically.. Mounts is a (Y) idea.

PS:I can add more i you like, but i needa teamview people who can save FAST and knows a little bit about Editing.
I dont wanna "Here, click that, then this, then that, then this".
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Cocaine
Admin
Cocaine

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:52 am

As a matter of fact the disadvantages in having these mounts are too great to ignore. Some people may not have access to or want to download a wz file to want to play. Most people who join servers ignore everything and go straight into downloading and registering, and when they log in and dc constantly, it's too easy to leave.

When you say it's their problem, it's also the communities problem as we all prefer have more people to play with. I'll still consider the mounts though I won't be taking the disadvantages for granted.
Back to top Go down
NiGHtsBeta09
Pro
NiGHtsBeta09

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:04 am

Hmm.... Eclipse actually has a good point here. It would attract players, if they see. those that don't may possibly be driven away if they don't read it as much....
Back to top Go down
BanHammer
True Member
BanHammer

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:06 am

I dont think i'll say about this.

I'll leave this matter to joe and amanda.They're the owners.
Back to top Go down
xHakunaMatata
Admin
xHakunaMatata

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:52 am

Cocaine wrote:
As a matter of fact the disadvantages in having these mounts are too great to ignore. Some people may not have access to or want to download a wz file to want to play. Most people who join servers ignore everything and go straight into downloading and registering, and when they log in and dc constantly, it's too easy to leave.

When you say it's their problem, it's also the communities problem as we all prefer have more people to play with. I'll still consider the mounts though I won't be taking the disadvantages for granted.

Or we could change the link of downloads to be redirected into another website. The website would be a site where they could download everything altogether (WZ files + Client) OR they can download the files individually. When we redirect them into the website they most probably HAVE to read whatever is there and we can put this in a huge font "READ THIS, IT IS IMPORTANT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DISCONNECT"
then that will capture their attention therefore they will be warned.

Maybe you could consider my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
BanHammer
True Member
BanHammer

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:54 am

Daryl wrote:
Cocaine wrote:

Or we could change the link of downloads to be redirected into another website. The website would be a site where they could download everything altogether (WZ files + Client) OR they can download the files individually. When we redirect them into the website they most probably HAVE to read whatever is there and we can put this in a huge font "READ THIS, IT IS IMPORTANT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DISCONNECT"
then that will capture their attention therefore they will be warned.

Maybe you could consider my suggestion.

That's a good suggestion.. (Y).
Back to top Go down
Cocaine
Admin
Cocaine

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 am

We don't want to force people into downloading something thats the prob =p.
Back to top Go down
NiGHtsBeta09
Pro
NiGHtsBeta09

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:18 am

True. A lot of people prefer simplicity.
Back to top Go down
xHakunaMatata
Admin
xHakunaMatata

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:33 am

Cocaine wrote:
We don't want to force people into downloading something thats the prob =p.

Technically we are not forcing them. They download = no random disconnections :O

Anyway. We can just put in the mount wz together with the client so that they wouldn't disconnect.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Admin
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:46 am

daryl and i were discussing about all the things that would be cool for the server and be attractive..
ie:
~Mounts,
~Chairs,
~v75 equips,
etc.

He said maybe we could make an RAR with all the custom wz files.. :3
Back to top Go down
https://addict-ms.forumotion.net
xHakunaMatata
Admin
xHakunaMatata

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:57 am

Amanda wrote:
daryl and i were discussing about all the things that would be cool for the server and be attractive..
ie:
~Mounts,
~Chairs,
~v75 equips,
etc.

He said maybe we could make an RAR with all the custom wz files.. :3

Or now we can just make an RAR with the client AND the WZ meant for the mounts so that the player wouldn't disconnect. The rest are pretty much optional. If we do that then it might be better. And we can put a notepad in it with instructions on how to put in the wz if they don't know how. We can use a translator and make it in various languages Surprised
Back to top Go down
NiGHtsBeta09
Pro
NiGHtsBeta09

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:09 am

This seems like it'll take some thinking through, but overall, could become a grand idea for the server~ ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is important guys! Read it!   This is important guys! Read it! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is important guys! Read it!
Page 1 of 1